Click here to see the Re-Opening Update Presentation that was given at the Board Meeting on October 20, 2020.
10/18/2020 NYSED Instructional Model Survey Results:
The safety and well-being of our students and staff is, and will continue to remain our number 1 Priority.
The decision to reopen in the Hybrid model was not a decision we made lightly or without continual conversations. We listened to comments, questions and concerns from community members, families, stakeholders and staff.
To help reassure you in our decision, here are some of the key points that led us to the Hybrid Instructional Model being the best choice at this time:
- At this time, we do not feel we could safely meet the social distancing requirements and provide instruction to 100% of our students in the school.
- We need to teach our students the protocols and procedures that are now in place due to COVID-19:
- Entering the building with proper social distancing
- Daily Temperature screening
- Weekly health screening
- Proper hand washing
- Social Distancing in hallways
- With space limitations, students will be required to eat lunch in their classrooms. It would be difficult to ensure students would stay behind barriers when their face masks were removed in the cafeteria.
- GCS has had a slight increase in enrollment, and given our instructional space, it is very difficult to follow all of the social distancing requirements with our allotted building size(s).
- SUNY Geneseo will be having over 5,500 students returning to campus which could potentially increase the number of COVID cases in our community.
Our ultimate goal is to move toward a 4-5 day in person instructional model when we know we can achieve this safely.
Additional information can be found using the links below:
Reopening Plan (this plan was submitted to NYSED for approval)
Instructional Plans for each of the 3 models presented in our Reopening Plan document can be found here.
Click on the link to view our recently held Community Forum Meetings.
We are continually adding to our Frequently Asked Questions document. Click here to view the current FAQ's document.
Feel free to contact us at via email if you have additional comments or questions.