GENESEO CENTRAL SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
What is a Board of Education?
A school board member in New York State serves as a state official. The board's powers are derived from the state Constitution, laws of New York State, and rulings of the state Commissioner of Education.
As elected representatives, board members ensure that the school remains responsive to the needs of district residents by serving as a link between school and community. The Board of Education establishes official policy and sets goals for the school district. Board decisions can be made only by the board acting as a whole in a public meeting.
Board meetings are conducted under the Open Meetings Law, but are not open forums for the community. On the agenda, there is "Community Relations" time which the public may address the Board regarding agenda items or other comments or questions. You must sign in on the sheet provided at the meeting, if you would like to address the Board.
Board Member Terms
The Board is composed of seven community members who are elected to 3-year terms by District residents as part of the school budget vote, which occurs on the third Tuesday of May, each year.
- Jennifer Mehlenbacher, President - term expires 6/30/21
- David Dwyer, Vice-President - term expires 6/30/21
- Kathy Bondi-Vattimo - term expires 6/30/2023
- Julie Matthews - term expires 6/30/23
- Chris McDonald - term expires 6/30/23
- Craig Phelps - term expires 6/30/22
- Michael Tenalio - term expires 6/30/22
Have a question?
Sherri Kaleta is the District Clerk to the Board of Education and can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 585.243.3450 x 2214.
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held in the Thomas Preston MS/HS Media Center located at Geneseo Central Schools, 4050 Avon Road, Geneseo, NY, unless otherwise noted.
For the 2020 - 2021 school year, the Board of Education will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday's of each month, beginning at 7:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted. (Please check back regularly for any changes or updates to this listing.)
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - Reorganization/Regular Meetings will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will be followed by the annual School Board/Administrative Team Retreat
- Monday, August 3, 2020
- Monday, August 17, 2020
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 (due to Labor Day Holiday)
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- Monday, October 5, 2020
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Monday, November 2, 2020
- Monday, November 16, 2020
- Monday, December 7, 2020
- Monday, December 21, 2020
- Monday, January 4, 2021
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021(due to Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday)
- Monday, February 1, 2021
- Monday, February 22, 2021 (this is the 4th Monday of the month)
- Monday, March 1, 2021
- Monday, March 15, 2021
- Friday, March 19, 2021 @ 2:30 pm via zoom (Special Board Meeting)
- Monday, April 5, 2021
- Monday, April 19, 2021
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Monday, May 17, 2021 (Annual Meeting)
- Monday, June 7, 2021
- Monday, June 21, 2021