GENESEO CENTRAL SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION
As of June 25, 2021, the executive orders regarding virtual Board of Education Meetings have been lifted. All Board of Education meetings going forward will be in person.
What is a Board of Education?
A school board member in New York State serves as a state official. The board's powers are derived from the state Constitution, laws of New York State, and rulings of the state Commissioner of Education.
As elected representatives, board members ensure that the school remains responsive to the needs of district residents by serving as a link between school and community. The Board of Education establishes official policy and sets goals for the school district. Board decisions can be made only by the board acting as a whole in a public meeting.
Board meetings are conducted under the Open Meetings Law, but are not open forums for the community. On the agenda, there is "Community Relations" time which the public may address the Board regarding agenda items or other comments or questions. You must sign in on the sheet provided at the meeting, if you would like to address the Board.
Board Member Terms
The Board is composed of seven community members who are elected to 3-year terms by District residents as part of the school budget vote, which occurs on the third Tuesday of May, each year.
- David Dwyer, President - term expires 6/30/24
- Kevin Niedermaier - term expires 6/30/2024
- Kathy Bondi-Vattimo - term expires 6/30/2023
- Julie Matthews - term expires 6/30/23
- Chris McDonald - term expires 6/30/23
- Craig Phelps - term expires 6/30/22
- Michael Tenalio, Vice-President - term expires 6/30/22
Have a question?
Sherri Kaleta is the District Clerk to the Board of Education and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 585.243.3450 x 2214.
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held in the Thomas Preston MS/HS Media Center located at Geneseo Central Schools, 4050 Avon Road, Geneseo, NY, unless otherwise noted.
For the 2021 - 2022 school year, the Board of Education will meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday's of each month, beginning at 7:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted. (Please check back regularly for any changes or updates to this listing.)
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021 - Reorganization/Regular Meetings will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Monday, August 2, 2021
- Monday, August 16, 2021
- Monday, August 30, 2021 - 8:00 am - Special Meeting to aprove the District Safety Plan
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021 (due to Labor Day Holiday)
- Monday, September 20, 2021
- Monday, October 4, 2021
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Monday, November 1, 2021
- Monday, November 15, 2021
- Monday, December 6, 2021
- Monday, December 20, 2021
- Monday, January 3, 2022
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022 (due to Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday)
- Monday, February 7, 2022
- Monday, February 28, 2022
- Monday, March 7, 2022
- Monday, March 21, 2022
- Monday, April 4, 2022
- Monday, April 18, 2022
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 (Public Hearing on Budget at 6:00 pm followed by BOE meeting at 7:00 pm)
- Monday, May 16, 2021
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - Budget Vote and Election
- Monday, June 6, 2022
- Monday, June 21, 2022
- Tuesday, July 5, 2022 - Reorganization meeting and Regular Meeting (8:30 am)