NYS Ed Law 2-D Compliance
In the spirit of complying with its obligations under the law and continuing to provide software programs, online applications, and data storage services, Geneseo Central School District (GCSD) has entered into contracts with certain third-party contractors. Pursuant to such agreements, third-party contractors may have access to student data and staff data as defined by law. Geneseo purchases the majority of software and subscriptions through our BOCES (Edutech). This provides the district with more state aid by purchasing through BOCES and then Edutech maintains these data privacy agreements with the third party vendors.
For each contract that GCSD enters into with a provider, and where the third party contractor receives student or staff personally identifiable data, the following information will be included:
- the intent for which the student data or staff data will be used;
- a published agreement that the third party contractor will ensure that the subcontractors, persons or entities that the third party contractor will share the student or staff data with, if any, will abide by data protection and security requirements;
- the disposal of data that contains personally identifiable items;
- a process for parents, students, staff who wish to challenge the accuracy of the student data or staff data that is collected; and
- the location of data and where it will be stored.
Resources are available on this site that will assist in understanding your rights under NYS Ed Law 2D. An inventory of software and subscriptions that we are using will be available in this section of our website and will be updated as needed. If you have questions, concerns, or comments please contact the Geneseo Central Data Privacy Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 585-243-3450 ext 2214.