Welcome to Math 7. Math 7 is a middle school course designed for 7th grade students to give them pre-algebra skills. We study the following units:
Units of Common Core State Standards (CCSS):
1. Ratios and Proportional and Percent Relationships (RP) (40 days)
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
2. The Number System (NS) (25 days)
- Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
3. Expressions and Equations (EE) (35 days)
- Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
- Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
4. Statistics and Probability (SP) (25 days)
- Draw informal comparative inference about two populations.- Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate
5. Geometry (G) (35 days)
- Draw, construct, and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.- Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle
measure, area, surface area, and volume.
Mathematical Practices of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS):
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.